Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither the Carer Skills Passport nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and the Carer Skills Passport expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which the Carer Skills Passport shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to the Carer Skills Passport. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that the Carer Skills Passport endorses the website(s). the Carer Skills Passport has no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Carer Skills Passport training
- All event bookings will be treated as provisional until a signed booking form is received by the Carer Skills Passport
- Provisional event bookings will be reserved for a maximum of five working days
- Provisional event bookings may be released automatically if your signed booking form is not received within five working days
- By returning your booking form, you are confirming that you have read any pre-requisites for the event and that the delegate(s) meet the minimum requirements
Fees (where applicable)
- Fees are shown on the Carer Skills Passport website, exclusive of VAT
- Payment must be made in full 21 days prior to the scheduled event starting date
- Certificates will only be issued on receipt of full payment
- All substitutions, cancellations and transfers will be recognized only when received in writing and acknowledged in writing by the Carer Skills Passport
- You are welcome to substitute an alternative participant free of charge at any time, provided any pre-assignment work is completed
- Cancellations made in writing more than 28 days before day one of the training – no fee is payable
- Cancellations made between 28 days and 14 days before day one of the training – 50% of the fee is chargeable
- Cancellations made within 14 days of day one of the training, or in the case of non-attendance – the full fee is chargeable
- A transfer to another training event of the same title running within the following six months will be accepted with no penalty charges, provided the transfer request is received in writing at least 28 days prior to the scheduled first original event booking
- Only one course transfer is permitted per booking
- Once a transfer has been agreed any further cancellations or transfer requests are not permitted
- The Carer Skills Passport reserves the right to alter or cancel published dates and change venues without liability due to circumstances beyond our control
- In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided, monies received in respect of that event will be refunded in full
Use of the carer skills passport
The Carer Skills Passport outlines the training undertaken and the outcomes of competency assessment by the parent, paid or unpaid carer. Training is valid for a period of 12 months. Competencies must be practised at least every 3 months to ensure skills are maintained and the child or young person is not placed at risk of harm. It is the responsibility of the parent, paid or unpaid carer to register for annual updates. Training should be carried out before competencies expire. Parents paid or unpaid carers are responsible for ensuring that they practice only within their area of competence and recognise and highlight their limitations to their manager or appropriate professional.
Information provided by Carer Skills Passport users for the purposes of registration or training will be stored securely and used only in accordance with the purposes of the Carer Skills Passport. The information will not be passed on to any third party without the express consent of the service user. The Carer Skills Passport team will inform users if we suspect that the security of your data may have been compromised.